Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Singledom

Valentine's Day was yesterday, as we all know. I am single and have never really had a Valentine other than family and friends, but honestly it is not that big of a deal to me. I pretty much celebrated singledom yesterday by going to class and eating lunch with a Brother and her boyfriend. I had an exam after lunch, which I am pretty sure I beasted, and then I went home. :)
I then sat around for a bit thinking about how beautiful the weather was and then thought that my Valentine to myself would be a Love It size of Birthday Cake Remix from Cold Stone. I called up a friend while I ate my ice cream outside in the beautiful sunshine. It was so fucking delicious!!!
*Mental Note* I need to call my friends more often!
It was turning out to be a great day. I almost forgot about a Small Group meeting I had, but I ended up making it on time. Life can be chaotic, but I tend to try and make the best out of it.
After that, I went home and sat in my apartment and got to thinking, which is never a good sign. I started to feel the singledom blues and thought I had to do something for myself to feel better. So, I made myself a nice dinner consisting of spaghetti with my family's homemade meat sauce and cheesy garlic bread. I don't know what it is about pasta, but it always seems to be a comforting meal for me.
After all my cooking and cleaning I received the text message that gave me a big grin. The guy I like sent me "Hey happy valentines day" I know it was such a small thing, but I was so happy he said it first; I didn't have to say it first, ya know? I went to bed that night in a very good mood.
I also went to bed in an amazing mood because I own a pair of vibrating panties (yes like from The Ugly Truth) and I wore those for a little while, while I listened to John Mayer serenade me into good, good, good vibrations. Haha. Singledom = Masturbation on Valentine's Day.
It is just something I live with and it is a natural way to feel good. True Life.

Anyways, on a final note, I hope all my friends had a great Valentine's Day, single or not, it is just another greeting card holiday that people put too much thought into, but is worth celebrating in some way (CHOCOLATE!) haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment